Nourish Culinary chefs work in clients’ homes throughout the Washington DC area, providing weekly custom meal prep service and small to mid-scale catering services of all different types. The most successful chefs on our team have culinary training backgrounds from either culinary school and/or restaurant and catering kitchens and have a combination of fine dining and private experience. They have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience and are comfortable working with our high profile clientele.
Included as part of our core values is the idea that chefs deserve to have careers that work with their lives and are sustainable for longevity and provide mutually respectful relationships with clients.
We are looking for a part time/freelance healthy-cooking focused personal chef to work in private homes with various clients on a weekly basis with our growing company.
The position is a long-term part time/freelance position for the right candidate.
Schedule varies each week – approximately 6-15 hours per week.
- Planning weekly menus according to client’s needs and diet restrictions with head chef and client input.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with clients each week for menu approval
- Procuring all groceries and any other items as needed
- Sourcing local and/or organic foods when possible
- Preparing, executing and packaging weekly healthy and fresh meals for clients
- Cooking in client’s residence – including very thorough post-cooking clean up
- Reporting schedule and grocery receipts in a timely manner.
Position requirements include:
- Passionate, creative and knowledgeable about healthful, delicious cooking.
- Culinary degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with preparing meals for client’s with specialty diets (i.e. gluten free, kosher, KETO, vegan, diabetic, SIBO, anti-inflammatory, etc.)
- Alacrity, flexibility, reliability, and attention to detail
- Utmost sense of discretion and professionalism
- Willingness to learn and take direction from head chef
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Must display and follow proper hygiene and sanitation
- Valid driver’s license and Valid US work authorization
- ServSafe license and liability insurance